You will connect your external bank account to M1 using Plaid.
Plaid is a secure third-party bank data service. M1 works with Plaid to perform external bank account authentication and identity verification. This lets people to instantly connect their accounts.
Plaid has a few different methods to securely connect your M1 account to your bank depending on what your bank supports. Please make sure that:
- Your bank account is supported by M1
- Your email is verified. To verify your email, check to see if you received a verification email from M1 and click the link.
If you have not received a verification email from us, contact us and we’ll manually verify your account.
Connecting your bank:
- Navigate to “Bank Connection” from the Invest tab or Spend tab if you signed up for M1 High-Yield Savings first.
- Select “Connect Bank”
- Search for your bank and select it.
- Enter your online banking credentials.
- Select the account you want M1 to connect to.
- Confirm and you’re all set! You can make the first deposit into your account.
If your bank does not appear in the search results, you can now connect your bank using Plaid Same Day Micro-deposits.
- Search for your bank
- At the end of the search results under “Don’t see your bank?” select “Link with account
- Enter your account and routing numbers.
- Confirm your name and account type.
- Authorize Plaid to make a deposit of $0.01 to your bank account.
- In 1-2 business days the deposit will to your bank account. Review the transaction description in your external account to locate your verification code.
- Return to the "Bank Connection" tab and enter the code.
You can only connect one bank account to your M1 account at a time.
If you run into trouble connecting your bank on Web, please disable your ad blockers.
Learn more about changing your bank connection.
Please note: You can only connect a checking or savings account. You cannot connect a trust account or a brokerage account as your linked bank.
If you have further questions, please contact us.
M1 is not a bank. M1 Spend is a wholly-owned operating subsidiary of M1 Holdings Inc. M1 High-Yield Savings Accounts are furnished by B2 Bank, NA, Member FDIC.