When does my membership renew?
M1 Plus is an annual membership. Your membership will be renewed on the one-year anniversary of your M1 Plus sign-up date.
Can’t remember when you signed up for M1 Plus?
You can find your M1 Plus membership details, including your sign-up and renewal dates, under “Account Settings.”
Access “Account Settings” by clicking the silhouette in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, both in the app and on the website. Click “Membership Details” to find both your sign-up and renewal date.
You will also begin receiving in-app and email notifications at least 14 days prior to your renewal date.
Will my membership renew automatically?
M1 Plus Memberships will renew automatically with your selected default payment method if Auto-Renewal is turned on.
If you do not have a default payment method selected but have Auto-Renew on, an eligible Spend* or Invest account ** meeting the minimum balance thresholds will be charged for your Plus renewal.
If you don’t want to Auto-Renew your M1 Plus membership, you can turn Auto-Renewal off at any time.
Access “Account Settings” by clicking the silhouette in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click “Membership Details,” and switch off the toggle next to auto-renew.
Keep in mind that if you do not renew your M1 Plus membership, your benefits and membership will expire one year after you signed up for M1 Plus.
I want to renew my membership! What do I need to do?
- Make sure you have a valid default payment method on file. To check whether you have payment info on file, go to “Settings” > “Membership Details”.
- When selecting a payment method, you can set your eligible Spend or Invest accounts as well as your Credit and Debit card as a default payment option which will be billed automatically if auto-renew is turned on.
- To ensure you have Auto-Renew turned on, check under “Settings” > “Membership Details” > If a default payment method is selected, it will be automatically billed on your renewal date.
- You will receive a payment confirmation within one business day of your renewal date, and you’ll be able to continue taking advantage of M1 Plus.
What payment methods can I use for my M1 Plus renewal?
- Your M1 Spend checking account
- M1 Invest account (IRAs, Custodials, and Trusts not eligible)
Note - You are not able to designate a particular default Invest account to bill. If you have multiple eligible Invest accounts, the actual Invest account being charged on renewal day may vary depending on the cash balance and/or the total account value at the time of charge.
- Credit/Debit Card
- Apple Pay
My payment failed/declined—what comes next?
All users will be granted a 30 day grace period to adjust cash balances in your Spend and Invest accounts for delayed or declined payments. 30 days after the initial payment attempt, a second payment attempt will be executed.
If the payment fails for the second time, you will receive a lapse notification or if you failed to add a payment method then M1 will collect the membership fee from any cash balance available in your M1 account(s) or liquidate securities as disclosed in the M1 Plus Terms and Conditions. You can learn more in this Help Center article.
What if I did not realize my Auto-renewal was turned on?
You may request to cancel your M1 Plus Membership within thirty (30) days of your initial membership payment for a full refund of your Membership Fee by contacting us. Any request received after thirty (30) days will not be refunded.
For more information see M1 Plus Terms and Conditions.
If you have further questions, please contact us.
*Eligible Spend checking accounts for Plus billing are accounts that are open and active with a minimum total balance of $125.
**Eligible Invest accounts for Plus billing are taxable Invest accounts (excluding IRAs, Custodials, and Trusts) that are open and active with a minimum total balance of $500.