At this time, M1 does not have realized gain information on the app or website.
If this is for an M1 Individual Brokerage Account:
To receive your realized gain information, please contact us.
If this is for any other account type:
You can view this information on our clearing firm, Apex Corporation's website.
Creating an account with Apex Corporation
1. Go to https://www.apexclearing.com/ and select the silhouette at the top right
2. Select “Apex Clearing”
3. Select "Create a User ID" below "Log In"
4. Select “Next”
5. The next screen will ask you for a Firm and an Account Number. Enter in one of your M1 Invest Account numbers.
6. Enter your Social Security Number to verify your identity
7. Provide your email address. For simplicity, you can use the same email you use with M1.
8. Select a security question and answer.
9. Create a user ID and password that you will use exclusively with Apex Corporation to download details again in the future.
Adding multiple M1 Invest Accounts to your Apex login
1. Click the "Apex Online Menu" at the top, then "Add Accounts."
2. To add an account, add your account number.
Download realized gains
1. Log in to https://www.apexclearing.com/ by navigating to the silhouette in the top right corner and selecting “Apex Clearing”.
2. Input your Apex username and password (this is different than your M1 login credentials).
3. Enter your M1 Invest Account number in the search bar near the top left. To find your M1 Invest Account number you can view the M1 settings.
4. Select the "Apex Online Menu" at the top then select "cost basis."
5. The default tab will show you the cost basis of your current unrealized gains. The "closed positions" tab near the top will show you your realized gains.
6. Then, select "Export to CSV" to view this information in Excel.
If you have further questions, please contact us.