Full Brokerage Account Transfer
- Have the correct account type open
Make sure you have an account open with M1 that matches the account type being transferred. For example: a Joint Brokerage Account must be transferred to an M1 Joint Brokerage Account and a Roth IRA must be transferred to an M1 Roth IRA.
Learn how to open additional accounts.
- Navigate to the Home tab and select "Move Money"
- Click "Transfer from another brokerage"
- To initiate a full brokerage account transfer, select "An entire brokerage account or IRA”
- Choose the brokerage you're transferring from
If you can’t find your brokerage in the dropdown, please submit a brokerage account transfer by selecting "Submit a transfer request here."
- Input the account number of the account you are transferring into M1
- Select the receiving M1 Invest Account
- Review disclosures and click "Continue"
- Confirm your brokerage account transfer
Once your transfer is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. To prepare for your incoming transfer, please review this article.
You can expect your transfer to complete 5-7 business days after submission.
Partial Brokerage Account Transfer
If you are requesting a partial transfer of your brokerage account, please download a recent statement from your brokerage and submit a request here.
Learn more about completing a rollover here.
How long does a brokerage account transfer take?
Full account transfers usually process in 5-7 business days.
How do I track the status of my transfer?
You can now track the status of most full account transfers from the home screen of your account on the web or the newest version of the mobile app..
Select “All Activity” and the status of your account transfer will be available under “Pending Brokerage Transfers.”
Does M1 charge an incoming transfer fee?
M1 does not charge an incoming transfer fee. Other brokerages may charge a fee for an outgoing transfer. Please contact your other brokerage for more information.
Learn about any M1 fees.
What securities does M1 support?
M1 does not support trading of options, warrants, mutual funds, rights, cryptocurrencies, bonds, short positions, or foreign assets/currencies.
If you have further questions, please contact us.